Thursday, November 20, 2008

Coit Tower

Lately I've found myself doing a lot of touristy stuff around San Francisco. Since I don't technically live in "The City" I guess its okay. Besides, there's a crapload of stuff to see and so much of it I've never explored.

A few weeks ago I decided to visit the famous Coit Tower. According to Wikipedia it was built atop Telegraph Hill in 1933. I've never wanted to visit this attraction before due to its geographic location in the city. Since it's perched atop a hill, its not exactly easy to get to. You can drive to it, but its pretty miserable due to the small parking lot and hoards of people waiting in traffic. Your only other option is to walk up a seemingly endless set of steps originating at the edge of the Presidio. For whatever reason I was feeling extremely ambitious this day and decided to take the steps.

It was definitely touristy, but the extreme workout and $4 elevator ride up to the top were worth it in the end. It was a gorgeous day and I managed to grab some interesting shots at the top. If you've got an hour to kill, add this to your list of things to do on a quiet weekend.











1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want t live in SF so bad. Cool shots man. Looked like a sweet day to shoot as well.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home