Friday, August 25, 2006

Captain Jack Sparrow

Tomorrow is my friend Polly's wedding rehearsal. Since I recently invested a chunk of change into a new camera, she asked me if I would photograph her rehearsal and the dinner afterwards. I'm still breaking this camera in, so I decided to head over to the church after work and take some test shots.

Note to self: When taking test pictures inside an empty church afterhours, DO NOT walk up on the altar. The almighty lord was not pleased and he let me know it. Out of nowhere alarms and sirens were exploding throughout the church. I just about peed my pants and had a heart attack at the same time.

Since my photo session didn't last long and the church is nearby the ocean I decided to go for a walk. I headed to the Redondo Beach Marina and to my surprize there was a TON of comotion going on. There were white tents and trailers all over the place. Apparently they have started filming Pirates of the Carribean 3 off the coast of Palos Verdes. There were literally thousands of looky-loos waiting to catch a glance of the "Black Pearl" make it's way back into the marina. I was pretty jazzed by all this because I just so happened to be walking around with my new camera. My 30D armed with my battery grip and 24-70 2.8L lens made me look just like the paparazzi, and believe me they were everywhere.

So here I am stoked about the possibility of catching some pics of the "Black Pearl" when out of the blue people go running and screaming the other direction. Naturally I followed suit along with the rest of the paparazzi and to my surprize, Johnny Depp himself was out meeting the heathens and signing autographs. It was utter chaos but fortunately I got off some decent shots. I didn't have the best zoom, but these pics came out alright. It was cool to actually see "Captain Jack Sparrow" in the flesh. I'll be looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out. I may just have to change my profession and start stalking celebrities for a living...or not.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home